Good oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist are the key to healthy gums and sparkling teeth. Whatever you do for your teeth (from brushing your teeth twice a day to flossing) can determine your general well being and affect overall health. In the recent studies, a link has been found between plaque and serious health problems.
Avoid tooth decay, gum disease, dental erosion and bad breath from few oral hygiene tips from Aura Dentists.
- Brush twice a day thoroughly: Experts suggest brushing long enough, i.e for more than two minutes each time. This is required to clean the surfaces of all the teeth, helpful in removing harmful bacteria and avoiding plaque.
- Use fluoride toothpaste: Fluoride reduces the risk of decay and hardens the tooth enamel.
- Know when to brush: The perfect time to brush the teeth is after the meals or after having acidic food products like fruit juice. The acidity in these products softens the tooth enamel, causing damage.
- Choose your toothbrush right: Toothbrushes with small head and soft bristles give access to the back teeth and are kinder to your gums.
- Clean your tongue: Regular tongue cleaning gets rid of halitosis-causing and Sulphur producing bacteria which breed at the back of the tongue. Additionally, it gives the fresh breath confidence.
- Floss your teeth regularly: Flossing removes food particles and dental plaque from areas where a toothbrush is unable to reach, like in between your teeth.
- Mouthwashes can’t replace brushing: Mouthwashes just have additional effects on preventing tooth decay or build-up of harmful bacteria.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Detecting problems early makes them easier to treat. Nobody knows your teeth better than your expert.
If you haven’t visited a dentist yet, contact Aura Dentists in Bayswater and Cranbourne. Ranging from a routine check-up to a smile makeover, you can trust them for affordable services and dental treatments. They have the most comprehensive list of general and specialist dental services, with use of latest techniques and materials. Inquire now or book your appointment with Aura Dentists.